Please Support Our Mission Mail Checks to: Federation of Families of SC 810 Dutch Square Blvd Ste 205 Columbia SC 29210
Sign up for our eNewsletter
Join us on Facebook
NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
SAMHSA 2014 Prevention
Health Insurance Marketplace
Click on a topic for more informationabuse ADHD alcohol anxiety disorder autism behavior bipolar bullying children children's mental health Children's Mental Health Awareness Week depression disabilities disorder drug and alcohol eating disorder education family health health care IEP insurance law legislation medication mental mental health military NIMH parent psychology samhsa schools south carolina special needs substance suicide support survey Trauma treatment White House workshop youth Youth MOVE SC
- What Time is it? It is time to say the “S” Word!
- What time is it? It is time to recognize the benefits of clinical research.
- What time is it? It is time for Leadership Training!
- The Importance of Play
- What Time is it? It is Back to School Time!
- Job Opening
- Learning Management System
- High School Exit Exam Not Required to Receive Diploma Beginning with Class 2015 and Retroactive for Class 1990 Forward
- Family Support Networks
- Parent Support Provider Training
Category Archives: Articles
An excerpt from Dr. Insel at the National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH) on “Thinking About 2014″ blogpost: This year, let’s remember that, as in the rest of medicine, we need to know more if we want to do better. … Continue reading
If your child is from the ages of 2-7 and has behavioral issues, consider trying the evidence-based “Parent-Child Interaction Therapy.” For more information on Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, go to Child Mind Institute’s website.
A quick checklist of pointers for parents of children with ADHD and a learning disability… Add your suggestions to the comments box below! Identify and treat the problems as early as possible, preferably before age 10. The first years in school … Continue reading