National Wellness Week is September 10-16, 2017! This annual observation is a part of SAMHSA’s larger Wellness Initiative that helps raise awareness of the staggering health disparities among people with mental health challenges and/or substance use disorders and the general population. Research indicates that overall wellness is crucial in helping all individuals live a better quality of life but is even more important to those living in recovery or on the road to achieving recovery. This idea of overall wellness is outlined in SAMHSA’s Eight Dimensions of Wellness. These dimensions cover a range of key components that we need to nurture everyday in order to achieve a healthier and more resilient lifestyle and well-being.
Please Support Our Mission Mail Checks to: Federation of Families of SC 810 Dutch Square Blvd Ste 205 Columbia SC 29210
Sign up for our eNewsletter
Join us on Facebook
NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
SAMHSA Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Barometer, 2015 Presents data about key aspects of substance use and mental health care issues, including rates of serious mental illness, suicidal thoughts, substance use, underage drinking, and the percentages of those who seek treatment for these disorders. Inventory#: SMA16-BARO-2015http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015 Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:00:00 GMT http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015
Health Insurance Marketplace
Click on a topic for more informationabuse ADHD alcohol anxiety disorder autism behavior bipolar bullying children children's mental health Children's Mental Health Awareness Week depression disabilities disorder drug and alcohol eating disorder education family health health care IEP insurance law legislation medication mental mental health military NIMH parent psychology samhsa schools south carolina special needs substance suicide support survey Trauma treatment White House workshop youth Youth MOVE SC
- Coping and Helping Others Cope with Hurricane Harvey
- Online Registration now available for our Parent Peer Support Provider Training!
- Top 10 Threats to People with Disabilities Under The Graham-Cassidy Bill
- It’s National Wellness Week!
- Leadership Training Part 1: Saturday, September 30th, 2017
- Check out our Training Calendar!
- Our Brains Harbor “Residual Echo” of Neanderthal Genes; First Direct Evidence May Hold Clues to Deficits Seen in Mental Disorders
- New AHRQ Report Shows Sharp Rise Among Women for Opioid-Related Hospital Stays
- NIMH Research Study Opportunity: Depression in Teens
- June 14th is National Call-In Day to Save Healthcare for Millions of Americans