If you think your child needs special education services, you have to follow a legal process to make it happen. This process can be confusing. It can involve several laws. The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is the most important one to understand.
As the nation’s special education law, IDEA provides rights and protections to children with disabilities and to their parents. Learning your rights under IDEA can make it easier for your child to get the help he needs (and is legally entitled to) at school.
To continue reading this article from Understood.org, please click here.
Please Support Our Mission Mail Checks to: Federation of Families of SC 810 Dutch Square Blvd Ste 205 Columbia SC 29210
Sign up for our eNewsletter
Join us on Facebook
NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
SAMHSA Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Barometer, 2015 Presents data about key aspects of substance use and mental health care issues, including rates of serious mental illness, suicidal thoughts, substance use, underage drinking, and the percentages of those who seek treatment for these disorders. Inventory#: SMA16-BARO-2015http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015 Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:00:00 GMT http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015
Health Insurance Marketplace
Click on a topic for more informationabuse ADHD alcohol anxiety disorder autism behavior bipolar bullying children children's mental health Children's Mental Health Awareness Week depression disabilities disorder drug and alcohol eating disorder education family health health care IEP insurance law legislation medication mental mental health military NIMH parent psychology samhsa schools south carolina special needs substance suicide support survey Trauma treatment White House workshop youth Youth MOVE SC
- Suicide in Elementary School-Aged Children and Early Adolescents
- NIMH Webinar: Mental Health Research: What You Need to Know- Monday, 1/23, 1:00 P.M.-1:30 P.M. ET
- Getting Familiar with ESSA
- How IDEA Protects You and Your Child
- 6 Steps for Requesting a School Evaluation
- Understanding Child Welfare and the Courts
- Text, Talk, Act for Families
- Webinar: Understanding Depression in Teenagers
- Archived Webisode: Diverting to Treatment: Community Policing and Mental Illness
- Surgeon General Issues Landmark Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health