Attention parents and caregivers!
Do you feel like you have lost control?
Are you looking for new parenting styles to help you manage your child’s behavior?
Are you looking to connect with other parents who have learned how to survive and thrive?
Register for our dynamic training- Surviving and Thriving: Coping With Your Child’s Behavioral Health Needs And Managing Your Own Wellness! This training session will be held Saturday, December 9th in Columbia, SC and is designed exclusively for parents and caregivers of children and youth with emotional, behavioral, substance use, or mental health challenges. Individuals who attend this training will be able to identify the stages of acceptance, recognize different parenting styles, manage power and control with positive parenting skills, embrace the importance of personal wellness, and enhance leadership and advocacy skills. The Federation of Families of SC provides on-going training, technical assistance, and networking opportunities to empower you as you develop advocacy skills and prepare to serve on local, state, and national committees.
To ensure an optimal learning environment, all guests must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a parent or caregiver of a child with emotional, behavioral, or mental health and/or a substance use challenge.
2. Attend the training in its entirety.
3. Agree to provide the Federation of Families of SC with follow-up information regarding how the training has been beneficial to the child and family.
4. Be willing to attend the meetings of your local FFSC Family Support Network (FSN) or assist in starting one if none are available in your community.
5. Be willing to promote mental health awareness and family-driven care support.
Register online here
Contact us for more information!