The Federation of Families of SC is hosting 2 dynamic two-day Parent Peer Support Provider Training sessions January 24th and 25th in Greenville, SC and April 14th and 21st in Charleston, SC.
Parent Peer Support Providers:
1. Are primary caregivers (parents, grandparents, stepparents, foster parents, etc.) with lived experience raising a child with emotional, behavioral, mental health or substance use concerns
2. Assist families with identifying formal and informal supports
3. Reduce isolation of family members while promoting trust and hope
4. Provide families with skills needed to make informed decisions
The goal of this training is to equip family members with the skills needed to assist other families who can benefit from their lived experience. Families benefit from support and assistance from other caregivers with lived experience who have navigated various systems in working with their own family.
To ensure an optimal learning environment, all guests must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have lived experience parenting a child with emotional, behavioral, mental health and/or substance use disorders. (You may be asked to complete a Readiness Screening to determine if the Parent Peer Support Provider Training is appropriate for you).
2. You must attend the full training in order to receive the training certificate.
3. You must be willing to assist other families.
4. You must agree to provide the Federation of Families of SC with updates on how you have assisted families in order to receive credits towards provisional or national certification.
Registration fee: $10 (includes lunch for both days)
Are you ready to assist other families? Contact us for more information!