Please Support Our Mission Mail Checks to: Federation of Families of SC 810 Dutch Square Blvd Ste 205 Columbia SC 29210
Sign up for our eNewsletter
Join us on Facebook
NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
SAMHSA 2014 Prevention
Health Insurance Marketplace
Click on a topic for more informationabuse ADHD alcohol anxiety disorder autism behavior bipolar bullying children children's mental health Children's Mental Health Awareness Week depression disabilities disorder drug and alcohol eating disorder education family health health care IEP insurance law legislation medication mental mental health military NIMH parent psychology samhsa schools south carolina special needs substance suicide support survey Trauma treatment White House workshop youth Youth MOVE SC
- Silent Auction!!
- HRSA awards $51.3 million in Affordable Care Act funding to support mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Georgetown National TA Center for Children’s Mental Health offering free web-based trauma informed care resources.
- FREE Training: IEP Workshop in Lexington County
- Parent Workshop Opportunity!!
- The Strengths of the Oppositional Defiant Child
- National Family Caregivers Month
- Manage Your Child’s Behavior over the Holidays – Planning for Behavior Success
- Join a Research Study: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- National Survey Dispels Notion that Social Phobia is the Same as Shyness
Tag Archives: eating disorder
NIMH Directors Blog Thomas Insel What is the most fatal mental disorder? The answer, which may surprise you, is anorexia nervosa. It has an estimated mortality rate of around 10 percent.i What is the cause of this high rate of … Continue reading
This detailed booklet describes the symptoms, causes, and treatments of eating disorders. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/eating-disorders/index.shtml
About three percent of U.S. adolescents are affected by an eating disorder, but most do not receive treatment for their specific eating condition, according to a study by the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) published online ahead of print … Continue reading