Please Support Our Mission Mail Checks to: Federation of Families of SC 810 Dutch Square Blvd Ste 205 Columbia SC 29210
Sign up for our eNewsletter
Join us on Facebook
NIMH Outreach Partnership Program
SAMHSA Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Barometer, 2015 Presents data about key aspects of substance use and mental health care issues, including rates of serious mental illness, suicidal thoughts, substance use, underage drinking, and the percentages of those who seek treatment for these disorders. Inventory#: SMA16-BARO-2015http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015 Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:00:00 GMT http://store.samhsa.gov:80/product/SMA16-BARO-2015
Health Insurance Marketplace
Click on a topic for more informationabuse ADHD alcohol anxiety disorder autism behavior bipolar bullying children children's mental health Children's Mental Health Awareness Week depression disabilities disorder drug and alcohol eating disorder education family health health care IEP insurance law legislation medication mental mental health military NIMH parent psychology samhsa schools south carolina special needs substance suicide support survey Trauma treatment White House workshop youth Youth MOVE SC
- #GivingTuesday is Only One Week Away! Join the Movement and Give Back 11/28!
- Upcoming training! Surviving and Thriving: Coping with Your Child’s Behavioral Health Needs and Managing Your Own Wellness
- K2/Spice: An Unpredictable Danger
- Southeastern School Behavioral Health Conference
- NIH Research Study Opportunity: Understanding Depression in Teenagers
- It’s National Red Ribbon Week! October 23rd- 31st, 2017
- Leadership Training Part Two Registration is Still Available!
- Study highlights unmet treatment needs among adults with mental health and substance use disorders
- There’s still time to register for our two-day Parent Peer Support Provider Training!
- October is National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month!
Tag Archives: health
This new online toolkit from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) includes discussion guides and answers to frequently-asked-questions for people looking for jobs, employers, community employment agencies, and others. Integrated employment places both youth and adults in regular jobs in … Continue reading
CONTINUED USE OF STIMULANTS FOR ADHD LIKELY DOES NOT INCREASE RISK FOR HYPERTENSION, BUT MAY AFFECT HEART RATE
Chronic use of stimulant medication to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children does not appear to increase risk for high blood pressure over the long term, but it may have modest effects on heart rate, according to follow-up … Continue reading
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a safety alert regarding Risperdal and Risperidone. Janssen Pharmaceuticals issued a recall of Risperdal (risperidone) lot 0GG904 3mg tablets and risperidone lot OIGI752mg tablets. The recall stems from an uncharacteristic odor thought to … Continue reading