The Youth Motivating Others through Voices of Experience (M.O.V.E.) SC Advisory Council was originally formed by youth who attended The Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health Conference in 2006 in Saint Louis, Missouri. These youth come from all over the state of South Carolina, have developed their own policies and procedures and develop Youth MOVE SC Networks in their local communities.
Youth MOVE SC (YMSC) Advisory Council is looking for youth across the state of SC who:
- Received (are receiving) mental health and/or substance abuse services
- Have experience with juvenile justice, child welfare, alternative or special education
- Are the sibling of a youth who has received those services
- Have strong leadership skills
- Are between the ages of 13-26
- Have reliable transportation to travel to Columbia for quarterly meetings
If you are interested in applying for the YMSC Advisory Council, or know a youth who might be interested, please complete the contact form below or Jenah Cason, the YMSC Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-779-0402 for more information.