- This event has passed.
Preparing to Lead Training
March 27 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDTFree
Federation of Families of SC (FFSC) is excited to offer Preparing to Lead training. This training focuses on PARENTS and CAREGIVERS with children and youth who experience emotional, behavioral, substance use or mental health challenges. The goal for this training is to build one’s strength and capacity to bring forth community change by facilitating a Family Support Network in your community.
FFSC is offering a FREE Preparing to Lead training session:
- Saturday, March 27, 2021: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
One (1) hour lunch breaks
PARENTS and CAREGIVERS will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the roles and expectations of volunteers
- Become familiar with volunteer policies and procedures
- Recognize the importance of confidentiality
- Communicate effectively with others
- Develop a supportive community of parents
- Expand the capacity of volunteers as agents of change
Criteria to attend the Preparing To Lead training:
- You must be a parent or primary caregiver of children/youth with emotional, behavioral, or mental health and or substance use challenges
- Be willing to share your lived experience
- Be willing to serve on committees
- Be willing to facilitate family support networks
- Be willing to promote mental health awareness and support family driven care
For more information, please email Pheobe Malloy at email@example.com or call 803.553.1099.