Serving On Groups
October 22 @ 9:00 am - October 24 @ 12:00 pm EDT
Serving on Groups is a guide that focuses on developing specific skill sets using research-based strategies while being broadly applicable to a diverse audience for a more effective and robust decision-making group.
The groups can include: parents, kinship caregivers, students, educators, DSS staff, administrators, community members, youth with Emotional, Behavioral, and Substance Use Challenges and their families.
- Become Aware of Opportunities to Get Involved
- Recognize Different Types of Groups
- State Processes Groups Use
- Recognize Tools Groups Use
- Utilizing Tips and Strategies for Groups
- Understanding Data
- The Role of Families on Groups
- Recognize Skills for Serving on Groups
This is a 2.5 day training that will be held in-person in Columbia on the following dates:
- October 22: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- October 23: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- October 24: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
*Must attend all sessions
Limited stipends are available for travel and lodging.
For more information, please contact Belinda Pearson-Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org | 803.743.8672 (Call or text)